As I was thinking about class this week, I thought that I would share with you some of the questions that we had regarding it in case you would like to reflect on them yourself. We had this class with Bernie and Ann but they had a video presentation from Leonie Shanley who broke down each part of the Consensus Statement and went deeper into it's meaning:
Stimulated by the Holy Spirit of Love
and receptive to the Spirit's inspirations
The Sister of Saint Joseph moves always towards
profound love of God
love of neighbor without distinction
from whom she does not separate herself
from whom, in the following of Christ
she works in order to achieve unity
both of neighbor with neighbor
and neighbor with God
directly in this apostolate
indirectly through works of charity
in humility - the spirit of the Incarnate Word
in sincere charity (cordiale charité) - the manner of
Saint Joseph whose name she bears
in an Ignatian-Salesian climate: this is,
with an orientation towards excellence
(Le dépassement, le plus)
tempered by gentleness (douceur), peace, joy
1. How is the Spirit calling me to move?
2. What neighbor or kind of neighbor do I struggle to love?
3. How do I work to achieve Unity?
4. What do I need to empty myself of in order to be filled with God?
5. When have I experienced someone treating me "in the manner of St. Joseph"? What did they do and how did I feel?
6. Who in my life seeks excellence and is able to temper it with gentleness, peace and joy? Or, when have I found myself living in this way.
Mystics & Prophets: Summer Sisters 2018
1 week ago