Sunday, September 7, 2008

Quick Note of New Experiences and Wake up Calls

This afternoon we're off to Holy Spirit Retreat Center in Encino for an overnight retreat on prayer. It's the first time that we'll be with the Inter-Congregational Novitiate Program. We'll be meeting with them every Monday for a speaker but it seems that they are starting this year off with a retreat. Should be a good couple of days so I'll update you when I come back.

I'd also like to update you on the different ministry sites that we visited this week but I think that's going to have to wait until next time as well.

Before I go, I want to leave you with a poem by Hafiz that made me laugh but also made me think about my own openness toward the year ahead.

Hafiz – A Divine Invitation

You have been invited to meet
The Friend

No one can resist a Divine Invitation.

That narrows down all our choices
To just two:

We can come to God
Dressed for Dancing,

Or

Be carried on a stretcher
To God’s Ward.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love this poem, but I'm laughing because I read the ling "dressed for dancing" as dressed or dancing...shows you where my mind is...anyway, hope the retreat and associated activities are/were terrific and I have lived long enought to agree with Hafiz, in that "dressed for dancing" is much more fun then being "carried to God on a stretcher." thanks for the update...."the dancing queen" (I'm in Mamma Mia Mode)
love to all barbk

Anonymous said...

OOPS! guess I should read before hitting the button....ling = line
and enought = enough....my bad
sbk

Anonymous said...

Just read your latest and now know why SKYPE didn't answer on your end!
Get the best out of your first Inter-C. gathering/retreat.
I love Hafiz so much. Marie gave me "Love Poems from God" for my birthday and I'm loving it, especially Hafiz' poems.
It reminds me of Donna Gunn's,csj, "going back to God in the best shape possible" and of Joyce's sliding in to the gate with chocolate, wine and a body well used!
Love, Jeanne

Sandy, csj said...

I vote for dancing! Have a great retreat!

Anonymous said...

Love Hafiz also - thanks for sharing. Hope the retreat will be a good experience - waiting with anticipation about your ministry choice. Lots of love.

Sandy, csj said...

BTW, tell Lynn I said hello...we are Facebook buddies!

Novitiate Community said...

Ha! I read "dressed or dancing" too. I need to get to bed. Praying with you all as you go.
Sarah